How can multiple people control the same system using iAqualink?
Method 1: Have them sign in with the same credentials that you use. They would put in your email and your password.
This should work. If it doesn't, I suspect that you need to update your own password. Older versions of the app allowed for weak passwords. Newer versions require stronger passwords. Perhaps you still have an old version of the app and the person installing it now is downloading the most recent version. To update your password use the forgot password feature. You will get a link in your email to reset it.
Method 2: Have them set up their own account:
- First they need to make sure that their phone is connected to the same 2.4 GHz wifi network as your iAqualink antenna is. This is a security feature and it only applies during this sign up process.
- Download and install the Zodiac iAqualink app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Make sure that the outdoor controller is in "Auto" mode. If it is in "Service" or "Time Out" you will not be able to connect.
- Inside the app, select "Sign Up" and fill out the form.
- On the app select "My Systems" (you may need to access this from the "hamburger" dropdown menu on the top left.
- Once in "My Systems" select the + sign on the top right.
- Select the first line, "Aqualink RS, PDA, Z4/TRi"
- On the next page enter the device number that is printed on the label that is on the outside of the iAqualink antenna.
- Make up a System Name. This can be your last name or anything that you call your backyard pool. The only times it matters what you call it is if you have two different systems or two pools (for instance, you have one pool at your primary residence and another pool at a vacation home.)
- Select the "Add System" button and it should connect.
If that doesn't work, confirm that all three lights on the bottom of the iAqualink antenna are lit.